Welcome to Recipe Rack!
This document was last updated January 1, 2018.
Information You Share
Information We Collect
In order to provide our users with the best possible Services, there is certain information we collect. This information includes:
• Account information: When you register with the Services, you provide personal information including your name and email address.
• Information you share: Content you share with us and other users including recipe reviews, pictures, tips, or other suggestions.
• Devices: We collect information regarding the device you use to access the Services, such as hardware, operating system, and mobile number.
• Location: By identifying you IP address, we can use certain technologies to collect information about your physical location.
• Server Logs: Each time you use our Services, we automatically collect information about how you’ve used the Services – for example, which ingredients you’ve selected, how long you have stayed on each page, browser type, date and time the Services were utilized, and IP address.
• Cookies: There are various technologies, such as cookies, which allow us to identify your browser and device, and help us track how you interact with the Services.
• Other: If you participate in any interactive surveys, contents or promotions, communicate with us through a third party social media site, we will also collect and store this information.
How we Use Information we Collect
Our goal is to provide users with the best Services, and to do so, we collect information to maintain, update and improve the Services. This information is also used to deliver more relevant ingredients, and to give you the best search results, offering the recipes we think you will enjoy most. We want to continually enhance and improve the user experience.
We use the collected information to grant users access to use features of the Services including saving favorite recipes and writing reviews. Certain data needs to be collected in order for users to share information through the Services. By creating an account with Recipe Rack, we may display your account name connected with ratings or reviews for recipes. We will respect the privacy choices you make when setting up your Recipe Rack account. Additionally, if you contact Recipe Rack with questions or an issue, we will keep a record of the conversion. Cookies, pixel tags and other analytic technologies allow us to automatically collect information, analyze it, and customize the user experience (including search results, recipe identification, product features, etc.). These technologies enable us to analyze usage trends, understand how users are interacting with the Services, and determine how the Services can be improved. Through our Services, we will also tailor advertisements directed towards each user.
Recipe Rack complies with all local laws, and users outside of the United States are subject to these laws. The Services, in whole, including its servers, are located in the United States. The following applies to all users who use our Services outside of the United States.
By using our Services, you knowingly submit and consent to having your personal information transferred to and stored in the United States. If you are in a country that does not grant permission of these activities, do not use our Services. Furthermore, do not use Recipe Rack if you are not granted to receive services, information, or data originating from the United States.
1) All hosting services are located in the United States and are stored in a secure environment.
2) We encrypt the Services and data using SSL.
3) Although no security system is impenetrable, we have developed practices for data collection to guard against unauthorized access to the Services, and related servers and systems.
4) We restrict access to your personal information to Recipe Rack employees.
If you have created a Recipe Rack account, you can review, edit and control your account preferences through the Services. You can also opt-out from any Recipe Rack email newsletters using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email message. Even if you opt-out of receiving newsletters or promotional email communications, you still may receive messages from us regarding use of the Services.
Recipe Rack and many of the third party data companies and advertisers we work with, including Google, subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising which gives users the option to opt-out of the delivery of interest-based advertising. Note that you have to opt-out on each device you access our Services from. For more information and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info/
Accessing and Updating your Information
By using our Services, you will have access to update or change your personal information. These changes can be made through the Services or by contacting email@example.com. Unless we have legal obligations or a legitimate business reason to keep your information, we will honor any requests to delete it from our Services. Upon requesting a change to your information, we may ask you to verify your identity for security purposes. Be mindful that accounts managed by an administrator, may grant the administrator certain rights or control regarding how account information is updated or removed.
We strive to honor most requests to update information, however, we may reject requests that are impractical, require significant technical effort or risk the privacy of others. The policies and procedures we have in place are designed to protect your information and to limit the amount of exposure to intentional destruction of information.
Recipe Rack Services are not directed to or intended for use by individuals under the age of thirteen (13). The Children's On-Line Privacy Protection Act requires explicit disclosures of any and all sites collecting personal information about individuals under the age of thirteen (13). Recipe Rack advises parental supervision to children under the age of thirteen (13) while using Recipe Rack’s Services. Do not submit or provide any personal information if you are under the age of thirteen (13). If you are aware of such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of the information.
Recipe Rack, Inc.
ATTN: Terms of Service
27 N Wacker Dr. #575
Chicago, IL 60606